Sunday 8 March 2015

Tips for when you're Sick!


Hey guys, and welcome to another blog post! I know last week's blogpost only went up yesterday, but I haven't posted in two or so weeks, so I thought why not catch up now? If you're following me on Instagram ( @sweetashoneyblog ) you will know that I have been a little bit sick. Nothing too major, just a cold, but it's still a nuisance as I feel like total poop! 

So as I was scrolling through Pinterest, which I had been doing for the past hour, I suddenly though "Why not do a blogpost about what to do if you're sick?!" So that's exactly what I'm doing now. I hope you enjoy this post, and next time you're sick you'll know what to do!



1. An Electronic Device

One of the worst things about being sick is you can't do anything and you get bored very quickly. However, if you have a laptop, ipod, mobile phone etc. they are a great source of entertainment! I highly recommend YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter. Nothing is as good as snuggling up in bed to watch Zoella's latest video or Alfie's latest vlog <3 Watching old videos is a laugh as well! Also with a laptop or phone, you could write future blog posts to save time or in case you run out of time. But if you have a headache or want to have a sleep, turn off all your devices and have a nap. 



2. An Activity Book

A whole day on the internet might sound appealing, but it actually gets very boring once you experience it. This form of entertainment is really good, because it quite often gets your creative juices flowing and stimulates the brain. Other great books like this are 'Wreck this Journal' and of course 'Pointless Book.'



3. Settling Down with a Good Book

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge book-worm. I love reading and it relaxes me heaps! If you're sick and want to go to sleep but you're mind just won't shut down, read a book all cosy in your bed and I'm sure you'll eventually nod off. If you don't like reading, still read as you might find it strangely enjoyable or so boring you just fall asleep anyways! Three of my recommendations are The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska by John Green and Girl Online by Zoe Sugg.


4. Stay Warm!

You're not going to get over a cold if you're cold! Make sure you are nice and warm wearing your favourite fluffy socks, nice and soft beanie(s) and gloves, plus blankets and maybe even putting an electric blanket on. 
Socks- ??? // Beanies- Glassons // Gloves- Kathmandu


5. Sick Essentials!

Grouped in this picture are all things you need when you're sick. Tissues are obviously for your nose. My recommendation for them are Sorbent's Eucalyptus with Peppermint, Camphor and Aloe Vera. The tissues are so soft, and the scent is AMAZING at clearing your sinuses so you can breathe through your nose and release any pressure. The Otrivin does the same kind of thing as the scent of the tissues, clearing your sinuses so you can breathe and taste better except it's much stronger and quicker and lasts longer. I use this at night so I can have a peaceful sleep. Vaseline is to put around your nose as the skin eventually gets very irritated and red and this just soothes that right down and gets rid of the horrible rash. Deodorant and Moisturiser's are amazing at making you feel a little bit fresher, and when you're sick you need all the freshness you can get! And lastly is a drink bottle. Being sick means you get dehydrated quicker, even if you just sit there, so it is essential for you to drink more than usual when you're sick. Just keep sipping throughout the day and you feel much better! Drink heaps if you're having headaches as well!

Additional Tips-

++ Take a shower/bath! It is so relaxing and freshening to have a shower, and you will feel a whole lot better for it! Lush products are especially nice to use.

++ Open a window in your room. This might sound a bit strange, but letting fresh air in will help you sleep and not feel so stuffy and restricted. 

++ Don't stay on social media all day! Give your brain/body some time to heal with a quick nap or a relaxing book. Your phone will be there when you wake up- Don't worry!!


I hope these tips are helpful, because they definitely help me! Also I'm going to play around with the idea of 'Mini Monday.' So there will be two posts a week. Every weekend there will be a bigger post (hauls, favourites, shoots, tags etc.) and on a Monday there will be something smaller (like a quick DIY, recipe, review etc.) The only exception will be today, as this is a very long post because I've been so inactive!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the very first (not-so) 'Mini Monday' and if you're feeling sick I hope you get better soon!

Sarah x

Contact- Instagram: @sweetashoneyblog
Email: sweet.as.honey0123@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment